1. Operate as an independent organisation with close cooperation with school administration and Parent-Teacher Association
2. Full transparency in the practices of the association, in particular accounting and project activities
3. Financed through membership and donations securing access to all alumni
4. Activity-driven networking across class boundaries (i.e. more than just a "club")
5. Constantly updated, relevant content from the school and around the globe with links to other content syndications
6. Run as a "business" with efficient practices and discipline, while largely driven by volunteers to keep costs down.